Monday 3 November 2014

Changes with Chalk Paint!

We had a bookcase in the house that we've had for a number of years now and after decorating it didn't match anymore. I really didn't want to throw it away so I decided to give it a make over.

The rest of the room has a grey/lilac theme so it really looks 'part of the furniture' now!!

I decided painting the whole case grey may look too dark and oppressive so for the main frame I used Rust-oleum chalky finish furniture paint in Antique White, for the shelves I used Rust-oleum chalky finish furniture paint in Anthracite Grey. I have backed the rear of the case using B&Q Holden Paste The Paper Calligraphy Heather & Silver Wallpaper.

It took some time and patience to achieve the finished result, I took the shelves out of the casing and painted them separately, this finished result was achieved by using 2 coats of grey and 3 coats of white. I recommend using a smaller roller to apply the paint, you can get these in Poundland with 4 rollers. I used a wallpaper cutting tool to ensure a smooth edge.



I absolutely love the Rust-oleum range of chalk furniture paints, The paint can be used directly onto wood (bare or painted), brick, stone, plaster or any suitably primed rigid surface (metal, plastic etc).
You can also create a distressed look by applying two coats in contrasting colours then sanding or scouring when dry.

I have recently discovered that this paint is available in Boyes for £12 making it much cheaper than any other stores.

This is the current range of fab colours:


If you need any tips please just ask :) I'd love to see your similar project too!  xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog :)
I read all comments and try to reply. I truly appreciate the feedback.

If you follow me I will always follow you back

xoxo