Tuesday 18 November 2014

Rice Krispie Recovery

These little treats are perfect after a late gym session when you need your protein intake but don't want to eat anything too heavy:
 
 

Stuff you'll need:
 
1 ½ cups Rice Krispie cereal
1-2 tbsp. honey depending on how sweet you like things
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 scoops of your favourite protein powder.(PhD Diet whey is my favourite!)
½ cup oatmeal
½ tsp. vanilla extract
 
How to Make:
 
Preheat oven to 160 degress
Lightly coat your baking tray with 1 cal. spray.
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, then place into the baking tray.
Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is crisp.
 
 
Once you take them out you can drizzle them with some good quality dark chocolate should you wish (or any other topping that may take your fancy!) You can add nuts, chocolate chips or raisins to the mix when you fancy a change.
 
Recently I used PhD diet whey in chocolate orange flavour and drizzled the top in melted Terry's chocolate orange - they were DIVINE!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
Enjoy your no fuss, protein packed sweet treats!
 
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog :)
I read all comments and try to reply. I truly appreciate the feedback.

If you follow me I will always follow you back

xoxo