Wednesday 29 October 2014

Whey hey!!

I am a big fan of protein shakes after my workout to re-fuel without filling up too much.
I have tried many varieties over the years but I think I have now found a firm favourite from a company called PhD.

This is the PhD 'premium promise':
PhD Nutrition deliver innovative and inspirational sports nutrition products that not only taste great, but deliver serious results. Whether you are a world class athlete, or just beginning in the gym, PhD believe that your requirements are just as important as each others. Internationally recognized for absolute quality and innovation, PhD Nutrition work with a number of selected brand ambassadors and sports teams, chosen for their ideals, ethics and ambition to promote quality PhD sports nutrition.

The product I have fallen in love with is called Diet Whey


I chose the strawberry delight flavour to start with and have stuck with this as it is so delicious, I do plan to try the other flavours in future.
I tend to use this shake after a workout and I mix one scoop with 1% fat milk as I prefer this to water. Having said that this is one of the few shakes I've had with water that is drinkable. I often add a banana, some strawberries or some frozen fruit to the mix too.

I have noticed a huge difference since I started using this product, especially in my arms, shoulders, back and abs. I find that a once scoop shake keeps me feeling full for a good few hours.
I use a stick blender when making my shake to make sure I achieve the best consistency possible.



This product contains 34g of protein per 50g which is the highest I have found in a diet whey. Is also the lowest calorie formula I have come across too.


PhD suggest that Diet Whey is ideal for
  • Men and women following a weight management nutritional plan.
  • Slimmers and gym goers looking to lose body fat and control calorie intake.
  • Anyone seeking a high protein dietary supplement.
  • Anyone looking to replace a meal with a high protein, low sugar shake.
  •  

    So, what's in there??

    Whey Protein: Derived from milk and high in amino acids such as Cysteine and Glutamine, Whey Protein Concentrate is typically comprised of various protein fractions (such as Beta Lactoglobulin) that are being regularly researched and studied for their potential benefits to Health and well being.

    Soya Protein: Isolated from the Soy Bean, Soya Protein Isolate is extremely high in protein when in raw format (up to 90%), low fat, low carbohydrate and becoming a staple and better understood form of high quality protein for health and weight control. Soybeans also contain biologically active or metabolic proteins, such as enzymes, trypsin inhibitors, hemagglutinins, and cysteine proteases very similar to papain.

    Milk Protein: Typically high in the important Branched Chain Amino Acids
     
    Diet Whey also contains other added ingredients such as:

    CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid): CLA is a Linoleic fatty acid found traditionally in dairy and fish and has long been used in weight management formulas as an addition, or stand-alone ingredient.

    L-Carnitine: In living cells, Carnitine is required for the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria during the breakdown of lipids (fats) for the generation of metabolic energy.

    Green Tea Extract: Green tea extract is a herbal derivative from green tea leaves. Green tea extract contains Catechins or Green Tea Catechins, which have been used by health conscious individuals for many years for it’s potential antioxidant effect.

    Flaxseed: Flax seeds contain high levels of dietary fibre as well as lignans, an abundance of micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. Studies have shown that flax seeds may lower cholesterol levels.
     
    I really can't recommend this product enough, having tried pretty much every diet shake on the market I can safely say this is the best yet. PhD offer sample sizes too which is great as it means you don't end up stuck with 2kg of something you won't use. Try it, you wont regret it!
     
    Another great thing about this product is you can cook with it and it adds an amazing flavour!
     
    Strawberry and choc chip oatmeal protein muffins
    Serving Size: 6
     
    Ingredients:
     
    1 cup oats
    1/4 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp all spice
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2 tsp cinnamon
    6-8 fresh strawberries
    2 scoops strawberry delight PhD Diet Whey
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
     
    Directions:
     
    Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
    Blend strawberries into the yogurt and add to the dry ingredients
    Mix well
    Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and add mixture
    Add a slice of strawberry for decoration
    Bake for 25-30 mins at 200 degrees
    Enjoy!!
     

    Jo
    xXx



    *I am buying Diet Whey myself and this post is not sponsored in any way.

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog :)
    I read all comments and try to reply. I truly appreciate the feedback.

    If you follow me I will always follow you back

    xoxo